Sometimes, as with all things in life, when something has been around for a long time, you start to take them for granted. In honor of Valentine’s Day, we list 10 reasons why we love DAM and why you should too:
1. They create order for your assets – Everyone needs a little bit of order in their lives, especially when you have to keep track of corporate assets. Metadata helps us find our assets easily through a comprehensive labeling system.
2. They help you maintain consistency – DAM systems enable users to store final assets in a central repository so that when companies run their marketing campaigns, they know they are always using the right images, ensuring their brand consistency.
3. They help keep your company out of legal trouble – DAM solutions ensure that the assets you’re using have legal approval and automatically tell you if an asset can be used in a certain region, if the rights to the assets have expired and what the approved means of using these assets are.
4. They promote teamwork – Organizations are often inefficient because different departments work in silos. DAM solutions enable you to share work-in-progress creative production ideas with each other, collaborate on editing assets, and with notifications, ensure everyone is in the loop and moving forward as assets are created and used.
5. DAM helps you maintain the integrity of your assets –DAM systems allow organizations to continually track assets from creation through approval to final use, which result in accurate and accountable assets that contribute to production reliability and asset integrity.
6. DAM allows you to maintain control – When marketers need to get their message out to the right audience at the right time and keep up with the mandate of marketing at the “speed of now” – it’s comforting to know that behind the scenes, there is a solution that is also allowing them to maintain control over the proper assets that they can use.
7. They help you maintain efficiency – We all know the saying “Time is money.” Imagine how much time is wasted when we can’t find the asset we need to launch a campaign. Or even worse, having to re-create the asset that we can’t find. DAM solutions help you re-use and repurpose assets you have already created, reducing inefficiencies.
8. They create agility in the market – This year’s superbowl had agencies and large companies waiting for a moment similar to Oreo’s “You can still dunk in the dark” moment of Superbowl 2013. Most people don’t realize that behind that now famous tweet, there was a team of people from the advertising agency and corporate that was going back and forth with various departments before it could be tweeted. Imagine how much more agile companies looking to re-create that type of marketing could be with a DAM system that would have all the needed information at their fingertips.
9. They make marketing smarter – If you are going to leverage a DAM solution, you also need to know which asset is producing the greatest ROI. DAM helps you track and report on your assets so that you can make decisions on which assets are the most relevant in the market today.
10. They give you peace of mind – At the end of the day, the reason we love DAM is because they give users peace of mind. By leveraging DAM systems, they enable you to reach our audience quicker, be relevant with your messages, create reaction from those messages, and make you responsible by ensuring alignment and compliance of your messages with your corporate brand.
So this Valentine’s Day, take a moment to spare a thought for your DAM. Whether you have had a Digital Asset Management solution for years or have just implemented one recently, it was designed and developed to make things easier for you, your corporate brand, and your marketing/production teams. Share the love.
Feb. 13, 2014